Friday, October 10, 2008

Sneak Preview

My friends have threatened to bring along a straightjacket when we see Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman in concert tomorrow night. They still remember the state I was in at a Third Day concert last year. I promised that if they left the straightjacket at home, they could just pretend they don’t know me. Thirty-six hours until the concert, and I am already ten feet off the ground!

Nothing transports me to the Throne of Grace like praise and worship music does. When that takes place in an arena with thousands of other worshipers, I cannot contain myself. While I adore the Christian artists who bring messages of hope and praise, my elation is not for them. It is for the One they proclaim.

Concerts bring to mind what it will be like when we leave this broken world and stand before the One who has pursued us since before time began. What a glorious day that will be! I picture myself as a war bride whose Hero has finally returned from distant shores to begin our real life together. All the nights of loneliness and painful longing for Him will be over. He will be home for good. I will see Him with my own eyes. He will hold me and never let me go.

In his letter to the Hebrews, Paul described faith as “being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1, NIV). When I hear the lyrics of praise music and see others worshiping joyfully, it strengthens my faith. I become more sure of what I hope for and more certain of what I do not see. Now how is a girl supposed to sit still for all that?

What about you? What brings you into view of our joyful arrival Home? I invite you to crank up the music and join me in remembering that this earth is not our home, that a day grander than anything we can imagine lies ahead if we will just hold on!

May you feel His grace today,
Gail W.

The last Word:
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.
1 Corinthians 2:9, NIV.

5 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

As I am typing, you're probably at the concert. I can remember being at a Beth Moore event a couple of years ago, with Travis leading the music. As I wept with joy, I looked around at the sounds and sights of worship in that auditorium of thousands. I literally clutched my chest and wept at the sight. I remember thinking that this was a foretaste of what awaits.

Who can fathom such wonders and glories that await?! I am all about that day soon approaching and so I say, Come quickly Lord Jesus. Even so come.

peace~elaine

Kathie said...

Hope you had a wonderful time at the concert and that you didn't embarrass your friends too much.
Loved visiting your blog.
Blessings from Costa Rica

Marsha said...

Oh my! My 2 all time favorites together! What an awesome concert! I hope you post about it soon.

Be blessed this day.

Amrita said...

Hi Gail,
Let me begin by thanking you for visiting me.

You blog is certainly very inspiring, encouraging and good to read. I 'm so glad we could 'meet '.

You know I have a great respect and admiration for nurses. You all are God 's special angels.

Having livedin Saudi Arabia you must be well aquainted with Asian culture. Maybe you crossed paths with Indian nurses, as there aremany of them there, so you know about our way of life.

Like you worship music thrills me. And whereever there is a group of believers worshipping joyfully my jumps for joy.You are so fortunate to attend these concerts. I am consider myself fortunate if i can find a CD of theirs.LOL. Yesterday I went to a Catholic bookshop to look for a Hillsong CD which had the song "One Way Jesus" on it but they didn 't have it.

Michele Williams said...

I hope you had a great time at the concert.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you visit again.