Friday, February 26, 2010

Human Musings

National Geographic's Picture of the Day today features mandarin ducks. I have never seen these magical creatures before. Their intricate color patterns speak to the imagination of God. Nature is an open book on God's sovereignty and His love of beauty.

Whenever I see a wonder of nature, I think of my favorite fantasy about heaven. It is based on our knowledge that God created Man in His own image. I like to think He likewise created the earth in heaven's image. God is the perfect image He originally intended for man. Heaven might be the perfect image God originally intended for the earth.

This would mean that heaven consists of breath-taking vistas and unimagined color palettes. Creatures like a lion who would lie down with a lamb will dot the landscape. Maybe dogs that don't bite or pidgeons who don't poop will be there too.

Okay, this is a pretty long stretch of the imagination. But it seems to me that this is what imaginations are for. So the next time I drive over the ridge to see blue skies and fluffy clouds, I'll go right on dreaming of how much more beautiful the view will be in heaven.

May you feel His grace today,
Gail W.

The last Word: After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. The voice I had first heard speaking said, "Come up here" . . . at once, I was in the Spirit and there before me was a throne in heaven.
Revelation 4:1, 2, NIV.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

What a beautiful post! I have never seen these ducks before either. They are absolutely gorgeous, displaying God's marvelous handiwork.

blessings to you Gail.
Hope you're having a great day
Vickie

Cindy said...

I love God's creativity in His creation here on earth and can't wait to see what He has prepared in heaven.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Our dreams keep us tethered to our next--

Keep imagining friend; keep believing all the more.

peace~elaine

pam said...

You go girl....I LOVE your imagining's...I will have a polar bear residing in my mansion. :o)

Tina said...

thanks for posting that beautiful picture!! How lovely, when I take my little wonderdog for his daily walks I always praise God for the wonders of His creation, I feel so blessed to be able to take it all in ... and it always just blows me away that anyone could think that it all happened in a big bang?

Heaven will be Grand!
In Him,
Tina

Amrita said...

May our creator God be praised

Julie said...

Gail, this is beautiful. I love to think of heaven and it's beauty. I love the verse in Nahum 1:8 that says the clouds are but the dust of His feet.... I love to look into the sky and see His feet's dust all over the place.

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your sweet words. You have blessed me!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to visit and thank you. I've had a crazy two weeks...

Hope your day is blessed!