Thursday, March 4, 2010

Animal Musings

My last post was about imagining heaven as a perfect earth, including perfect creatures. In response, our friend Pam over at Gray Like Snuffie mused that she would have a polar bear living in her mansion. This fun thought set my heart to dreaming.

When my daughters were too old for story books at bedtime but too young to fall asleep without them, I found a book of meditations for children. The hands down favorite was the one that envisioned a magical land where animals of all sorts loved to be with humans. My daughters drifted off to sleep dreaming of riding on the backs of lions and climbing far up into the trees by way of a giraffe's sturdy neck. Koala bears played hide and seek. Kangaroos would let them go for a ride in their pouches.

As for me, a heaven of perfect creatures would mean a mansion full of big and small shaggy dogs. All would have big brown eyes, wagging tails and a propensity for puppy kisses. Since they will be perfect creatures, there will be no need to feed and water the dogs or to take them out to do their business. They will be 100% love and 0% work!

A few pussycats would do, the kind that don't make my eyes itch or my throat swell up. And I've always thought a hippo would be fun. A big fat hippo rolling around and enjoying the mud in ways my mother never would have allowed. I would have a big shop broom with stiff bristles to scratch behind his ears which would make him smile.

So today, I am asking you, dear reader, what perfect creatures would you have in your heavenly home? Remember, these creatures will be all play and no work. I can't wait to hear your responses!

May you feel His grace today,
Gail W.

The last Word:
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, but He has revealed it to us by His Spirit.
2 Corinthians 2:9, 10, NIV.

9 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

I've often thought of heaven and each time I do, I imagine it would look very much the way you describe it. It would surely have all the beautiful, breath taking views and vistas that we have seen, and not seen, on earth! It would have aurora borealis, aurora australis, and it would be mostly spring, but also a combination of the four seasons, plus some desert, some mountain, and lots of beaches, and coral reefs as well. It would really have a little of everything that we have here on earth, except that it would be in great proportions, for heaven is eternal and I imagine eternal to be immeasurable in space as well!

I would just love to have dogs in my mansion, and it would include the ones I owned as pets in this lifetime who have already died. Somehow I understand that God does not waste any single creation He has made. I would esp. love to have a golden retriever in heaven!

I enjoyed your past two posts!

Love
Lidj

Denise said...

I would love all kinds of bears, lions, tigers, and of course dolphins in my heavenly home. I love you sweet friend.

Paula said...

Might as well dream big, right? I've always been fascinated by elephants and dolphins. :O)I saw Alpacas in a parade yesterday that were really cute, too.

Thanks for dropping by GraceReign. I was blessed by your comment.

Amrita said...

Isn 't it glorious!

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

My daughters love horses and can't imagine eternity without them.

Sweet post!!

LisaShaw said...

What perfect creatures would I have in my heavenly home? A soft big Lamb, a HUGE playful Lion and a beautiful Horse to add to the earthly dogs I already have.

Great message!!! Blessings and peace to you!

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Aunt Angie said...

I have been "catching up!" Loved reading these--but this one...really struck my heart--all the parts.
I would have all the little puppies that have wagged through my life, from childhood on to adulthood. Every.Single.Furry.One. Even the one I had to put down because he went crazy. The kitty's and doggies would play sweetly together-no fussing and scrapping. The birds, the rabbits and squirrels would all play games with them too. I would especially have lots of bunny rabbits playing around with the other animals...that way, I am certain Wanda's house would be VERY close to mine--because she adored rabbits.

I am so glad to hug your neck via blogville. (((HUG)))

Love you!

LisaShaw said...

Hi Gail,

I stopped in to see how you're doing. I'm sure your in the throws of living so I said a prayer for you and your family.

Blessings and peace!