Thursday, July 10, 2008

Love Comes Knocking

Sometimes I need to hear from God with skin on to fully appreciate the message. God used other women to dispute my old ideas about how He feels about me. Could they be telling the truth, that I am actually His beloved whom He longs to embrace? To my amazement, the Bible was full of references that confirmed this truth. Today, I can read the Song of Solomon and know that these words of romance and desire are my Savior’s direct message to me. Now that’s hot!

God’s Word is for you too. You are His lily among thorns, His dove in the clefts of the mountainside. Don’t take my word for it. Pull that Bible off the shelf or wherever you keep it. Skip the guilty feelings if you don’t have a Bible; lots of people don’t. Just get one.

At almost any bookstore, look for “The Holy Bible”. I study best using the New International Version (NIV). You will find a table of contents that lists all the books in the Bible. Use it. Satan will tell you that you are the only one who doesn’t know where Ecclesiastes or Jude or the Psalms sit in the Bible. Ignore that jerk.

You’re with us now; we are going down a different path. Read a few verses in the Song of Solomon, aka the Song of Songs. Envision the King who loves you as He whispers sweet nothings into the deepest corners of your soul. Sisters, we are headed to the Promised Land. It is closer than you think!

May you feel His grace today,
Gail W.

The last Word:
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come. Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely.
Song of Solomon 2: 10-14, NIV.

No comments: